Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Forgiven

Does the forgiveness that was won for you on the cross matter to me?

Does the forgiveness that was won on the cross for me matter to you?

Do we cherish the forgiveness of others or do we only consider what was done for us. For only us. For me. For only me. Specifically. One on one. Just my sins. Just your sins.

Or do we take time to appreciate the fact that grace and forgiveness is endless. That it extends to all races. To all shapes. To all tribes. To all nations. But most importantly, to all sins.

Do I consider that that mess up you had-that slip of the tongue, that moment that was not above reproach, that sip of alcohol, that impure action- years ago has been paid for in full before I judge you?

And do you, will you, please consider that I am forgiven when you decide to judge me. Or us. For I will account for the things that I have done wrong. My knee will bow and my tongue, confess of all my shortcomings. But until that day...

Lets remember that the forgiveness that was won on the cross that day was for you and for me. Endless. Unchanging. Lets keep our fingers and judgemental words tucked away and just bask in the peace of knowing that we are-

forgiven.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! Thanks Whitney!