Thursday, October 21, 2010

My husband is Wicked!

Tuesday was a bad day at school. I felt like I had lost my touch as a good teacher. My kids were moody and I was cranky. It was no fun. But I clung to the fact that N had asked me the day before if we could go on a date Tuesday night. Ummm, hello....yes we can go on a date.

Before I left for school that day I had a hunkering to do something for N because he is always so good at putting  up with my shenanigans. That led me to purchasing a 5 pack of tickets to see the Memphis Grizzlies play...including the game against the Miami Heat. (Am I a good wife, or am I a good wife!)

I couldn't wait to get home to share with him what I bought. I was so proud of my self. He was stoked when I told him. I was happy to make him happy.

Then he told me that he wanted to downtown to eat. I wasn't in the mood that night to drive all that way and walk to a restaurant. I am a teacher. Come 4 o'clock I am tired of walking. Then he, in all of his wonderful husbandness, pulled out two tickets to the Broadway play, Wicked! Oh. my. Gosh. I flipped. Of course I wanted to go walk downtown and eat with my splendid hubs and then walk to Wicked. Did I say I was tired? Psshh...What do I look like? A sissy? I was ready to run a marathon.
On our way to Downtown. Isn't he precious. 

In 2.5 seconds I mastered the poof and got my teacher clothes off and my night out with the groomie clothes on, and we were off.

We ate at Spaghetti Warehouse and it was wonderful. Then for dessert we had Elphaba, Galenda, and the Oz himself. They were scrumptious. I cannot wait to see it again. Because I will.

Glinda and Elphaba
I love that we have such a fun marriage. We both were thinking of each other and how to do something for the other person that we ourselves don't necessarily enjoy. Because if you know anything about us, my man is not a musical man.

Us at the beautiful Orpheum theatre. 

It was perfect. Just like him. Ahhh. I am so very lucky.

1 comments:

caitlyn said...

Wasn't it fabulous?!?! I just love reading your blog!