Monday, November 21, 2011

One Month Old

Camden, my love, you are one month old. Lets all take a moment to cry.

DSC07345

For your monthlies, I wanted to use the same board that I used on my weeklies. You didn’t want to cooperate. You get that from your daddy :)

Every time I placed the board by you, your arms went crazy. That right hand of yours was covered in blue from all the times you rubbed it over the H in month! But that’s ok- I think we got a keeper! You are getting so big and so handsome.

*Length*

Birth: 21.5 inches

Now: 22.5 inches

*Weight*

Birth: 7 lbs. 15 oz.

Now: 9 lbs.

DSC07360

*Special Talents*

Somehow you have mastered the “I’m going to cry my pathetic cry and get picked up in 2.5 seconds” thing. Seriously you did it just as I was typing that last sentence. Now I am holding you in my arms and typing. You have made me do a lot of usedtobenormal activities in some unconventional ways these days. I can’t stand that cry and neither can your daddy. We are suckers for your little trick.

You are also very good at (sometimes way too good at) getting poop all up your back. How do you do that?! I know I put that diaper on correctly and snuggly and somehow someway little boy- you make a huge mess. Off we go to the changing table where  you will then scream because the wipes are cold, and you will put your foot in the poop. Then we are in a heck of a mess. Times like these usually end with a trip to the bath tub.

*Crying*

As stated above, you have this thing mastered. I always get a chuckle when people say, “Oh he is such a pleasant baby.” Don’t get me wrong Bubba-you are most of the time. But between the hours of 4 and 9 pm, you have a witching spell and it makes me want to scream. You have this wah wah tone that you get going and oh it gets to me.

DSC07404

*Sleep*

Sleep? What sleep? You like cap naps little man. You have woken up every night at least once since your little life began. When I was nursing you, you would wake up 2-3 times at least. Now that you are on formula, we are looking at 1-2 times. Momma just wants 6 hours baby! Just six. Someday.

You do love to get in the bed with me though and cuddle cuddle cuddle. I will hold your tiny body against mine and off to dreamland we go together. Nothing is better than drifting off with the smell of you under my nose. Its heaven I tell ya.

*Dislikes*

You don’t like to be still for very long. You are a mover and a shaker. Just like you were in utero.

You also don’t like to have your nose sucked. You act as if you are having the surgery again. Its not that bad son. Things will only get harder in life…appreciate the days when someone blew your nose for you!

You don’t like to spit up, poop, or have hiccups. Any type of bodily function is your worst nightmare.

DSC07438

*Likes*

I am happy to report that  you love your mama. I think I have a mama’s boy on my hands and I am not complaining.

You also like for your daddy to sing to you while dancing you around. Its that sweetest thing that I have seen. He loves you to the moon Bubs.

You like motion. The bigger the swing the better. When we put you in your car seat you fuss until we swing it like crazy. You must go so high that if you weren’t buckled in you would fall out. I can’t wait to ride roller coasters with you.

Camden,

I can't believe that it has been a month since you were born into this world. Since then I have been busy loving for you, praying for you, and taking care of you. You are a full time job, but I wouldn't have it any other way. You have turned mine and daddy's world upside down in every good way possible. I love the way that your chin sinks in your face. I get giddy when I think about the fact that I see my Pawpaw in your cheeks, my brother in your feet, and your daddy in your nose. You have a little piece of all of my favorite people. Sweet boy, you are my favorite man in my life (besides your daddy of course). You have made me strive to be a better person and a stronger Christian. I know your little eyes will be watching and mimicking all I do one day. I want it all to be Kingdom focused. Above all, I want you to know that Jesus loves you. More than you will ever know.

With all my heart,

Momma

2 comments:

Lauren said...

oh my gosh! You are so cute! That baby is so lucky to have parents like y'all! Such a sweet blog! :)

Claire said...

You are doing a wonderful job! Love the picture of Camden and Belle. She's looking at you like, "hey, we're just sleeping here. I got this under control." Haha!