Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving

Since it is almost time for Christmas I figured it was time to blog about our Thanksgiving festivities.

We were so busy this year, especially with the addition of Cam Man, and it was my last week of maternity leave. The whole week was bitter sweet. I wanted to go back to work, and yet I wanted to stay home that next week. I wanted to hold my sweet baby all through his first Thanksgiving, but I wanted to share his goodness with all the family we never see. It was a time of heavy emotions for me. But Camden seemed to have cared less.

First we started in Goatville, MS (that’s not really the name of the town but I figured my father-in-law would appreciate the title) . Tuesday night was a time of resting while Camden’s grandparents got to kiss his sweet head and aunts got to hear his coo’s. I love watching them love my son.

Then on Wednesday we headed to my mom’s parent’s house. We call it The Camp. Camden met his “aunt” Kimberly (she is really my cousin but insists she be called Aunt Kim), his other 2nd cousin Alessandra, Aunt Athena, and Uncle Mike. Granny, my grandmother, got to see him for the first time since he was one week old. I was so overwhelmed with the hustle and bustle. I am still not totally over the hormonal rollercoaster so I was on edge the whole time.

I took Camden out to get some pictures but he refused to cooperate.

DSC07597

He began to cry just minutes after I laid him down so this is the best we got.

Then I had to pick him up because he was screaming as it we had killed his beloved sock monkey.

DSC07633

This Thanksgiving, I was so thankful for the two men with me. They have my whole heart. I don’t know what life was like before I met either one.

DSC07662

We left Granny and Grandpa’s house Thursday after lunch and headed to my Dad’s mom’s house. This was the first time she was seeing the baby so it was extra special to me. I still tear up about her reaction to seeing her first great grandbaby. She didn’t disappoint.

DSC07672

Maw Maw loved that sweet baby until he was good and rotten. She stole all his kisses and then stole some more. I loved getting to see how to love as a great grandmother. I pray the Lord allows me the opportunity to practice what she showed me during that time.

DSC07674

4 generations. Of pure dee goodness.

On Thursday night, Nate and I earned our certificate for being nuts and we went Black Friday shopping at 10 pm. We got DVD’s, Christmas presents, and clothes. It was good to get out without the baby and feel a little wild and crazy again. We were back in the house and in bed by midnight though. We didn’t want to spoil our responsible parent reputation.

On Friday my Paw Paw’s sisters came over and gave Camden even more loving. One of them even gave him the most precious gift. That’s for a blog to come very soon but just know that I was a weeping mess when it was all over with.

Friday night we were back with Nate’s family in Goatville and were resting and recouping from all the black friday crazies.

This Thanksgiving was one I will never forget. I will never take for granted all the love that surrounds me daily. I am so blessed that I have had the chance to introduce my son to so many great people. People that I strive to be like.

0 comments: