Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day

Since I became a mom I...

... have learned how to survive on less than 3 hours of sleep

...rejoice at the appearance of teeth


... can cook, talk on the phone and sway with a baby on my hip

... have become a song writer-just whatever fits the mood to calm a crying baby

...learned how to get a shower in 5 minutes all while praying that the baby stays asleep

...have taken more rectal temperatures than I ever wanted to


...have learned to love the Lord more that I thought possible

...have lost all control of my "picture perfect" life


...became an actress- I will do anything to make that boy smile

...have realized that I'm not #1


...have kissed chubby cheeks more than any annoying aunt in the world

...have prayed daily for the well-being of my baby


...am humbled beyond belief

...have been blessed more than I could express


4 comments:

rachel said...

Oh, Whit this made me laugh and laugh! Happy Mother's Day!!

Caitlin said...

Happy late Mother's Day to you! These are some precious pictures of you and your little man!

Scotti said...

These pictures are priceless!!

Lauren said...

Love your words and love his sweet faces! You are blessed!