Sunday, August 5, 2012

This Is The Story-Part 5

The last part. It feels so good to be at this part. Especially after living through what we went through, this part was welcomed.

To be frank, I had a very hard time recovering from the accident. Thats what we call the whole incident around our house. I survived when it was actually going on but afterwards it all sank in just what my family had gone through. I was worried that people would view us differently if they ever knew what our family had been investigated for. I took everything personally. Because when social workers have to come to your house and look around to make sure it is a fit place to raise a child, you take it personally.

So I began to pray for a new start. I asked the Lord to give us something to renew the spirit of our family. I was so depressed that I didn't want to face another year. The thought of having to see February 13 again terrified me. What if something happened again? I couldn't face that valley again.

I begged and pleaded with the Lord to take the sad feelings that I was having away. It wasn't healthy for me to feel the things I felt. I had (and at moments still have) a lot of anger towards the doctor who rushed to the decision that Nathan had abused our child. I was mad at the hospital for not being more careful when they hired personelle. I was just plain mad.

In June, Nathan took a trip to Zambia, Africa. While he was gone I took a trip to Gulf Shores with my family. I felt a little emotional the whole time. But my name is Whitney and I struggle with my emotions. There I said it.

I snuck off to Wal-Mart one day because I needed some time alone. I wondered if I was emotional for another reason. Could I be pregnant?

Nathan arrived home the day after Father's Day. Camden and I met him at the airport. Camden had something very important to tell his daddy. Not only did he want to tell him that he missed him and he loved him but he wanted to announce that he was going to be a...


Nathan was just as shocked as I was when I found out. Believe me when I say that we were not trying for another one. Because when you are recovering from the DCS system's run around, lawyer fees, and other baggage that the accident left, you don't try for a baby.

But we welcomed the surprise. Children are a gift from the Lord. And we like gifts!

So we scheduled our Ob/Gyn appointment. When we went our doctor was surprised to see us. It had only been 8 months ago since we had given birth to Camden. They did the routine pee in a cup, blood work, and question stuff. Then we got to go in for an ultrasound.

In that room, the last measured Baby and gave us an approximate due date. We saw the doctor once more after that and he calculated our due date based on my last period.


We are due-

February 13, 2013.

The day of the accident just one year prior.

The Lord heard my prayers and answered. Just like He had the whole time through. I asked for something to make that day, that season, better. And if welcoming a new little one into our family isn't that answer then I don't know what is.

Sometimes I think that if we had never gone through the accident then I never would have prayed for something like this. If the accident had never happened then it was possible that I would have seen this new baby as an inconvenience, not an answer to a prayer. But sweet Jesus knew what He was doing and would do the whole time.

We are thrilled to be a part of this story. The Lord is a master of a writer and He is writing out a greater story bigger than we ever could have ourselves. So please pray for us as we prepare to be a family of 4. A family who is at the mercy of the Lord's plans. Trusting Him is very twist and turn of this story that we call life.


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! PRAISE GOD! Such an amazing story of God's faithfulness!

And to be honest, when I read the due date I laughed! And then I cried. God is so great!

Brittany Mann said...

LOVE IT!!! Corey texted me about 2 or 3 hours ago and told me yall were having another! How exciting! And Feb 13 God really answered your prayers there didnt he!

Lauren said...

Oh Whitney! Ditto to Rod, I laughed then cried. I have chill bumps too! What a testimony! Our God is good! :)

Thank you so much for letting us in on this miracle of life! Praying for you!

Nicole said...

The Lord is undeniably faithful. I am so so encouraged by your story. You'll never be able to forget how the Lord answered your prayers. Love that. So happy for you, friend. What a great Mama you are. That little babe is already incredibly blessed.

Beth Ann said...

Amazing! Awesome! So wonderful. Wow. Congrats!!! :)

Unknown said...

So excited and over joyed for your family!! God always has a greater plan for us, and your plan is amazing!!!

Amanda K said...

Thanks so much for sharing how the Lord carried you through such a difficult time. We are super excited to see Him bless your family with another sweet baby!!

Karen Lauderdale said...

I'm so happy for ya'll!!!!! God works in mysterious ways!
I am very sorry for what you and Nathan went through! I know what it feels like to have the DCS on you, thanks to a disgruntled x-husband. I had to keep a record of everything! Any bumps, fights with Joshua, bruises! It was so stressful trying to follow around an extra hyperactive child of 2-3 yrs old and taking notes!!! But I got through it! I never was charged (after they witnessed how hyper Robert was and was literally climbing the brick wall in their office!!! LoL! Prayers still coming to your family! Love and miss you! But so glad to see you happy!!!! Karen

Margie Hillhouse said...

Congratulations! We were praying for y'all the whole time you were going through this. Were so relieved and thankful when it was over! Always know we will be there for you in any way we can. I heard from a recent visitor of yours that Cam is doing great.

Claire said...

Oh my stars! The Lord is good! So proud of you for sharing this story. I can't wait for new baby! Love y'all!

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

That is just AWESOME!!! God is awesome! This is story that MUST be shared! In fact, I'm gonna go tweet about it right now. =) I know others will be blessed to read it!

Unknown said...

Well I am trying to compose some kind of sentence, but I am still sobbing like a baby after reading all 5 parts of your story. What an AMAZING and Mighty God we serve. What an amazing blessing for your family after so many months of trials and pain. You are an amazing woman of God & your story & your faith are an inspiration. My God continue to bless you and Nathan and Camden and the sweet little baby you are growing!

Chaos and Coffee said...

Well I am trying to compose some kind of sentence, but I am still sobbing like a baby after reading all 5 parts of your story. What an AMAZING and Mighty God we serve. What an amazing blessing for your family after so many months of trials and pain. You are an amazing woman of God & your story & your faith are an inspiration. My God continue to bless you and Nathan and Camden and the sweet little baby you are growing!

*Not sure why it said I was unknown the first time.....Michelle from Texas Tanners...I am your newest follower. Can't wait to share this journey with you.

Emily grapes said...

Your entire story tugged at my heart the whole time. I can't imagine the pain that you all went through and to have them look at your husband like he abused Camden, I'm sure was torture.

Praise God for your new little one and their due date. God is so awesome how He's taken care of that date for you. Turning it around in joy.

Becky w/Apples of Gold shared your story on her blog and I'm so thankful I came over to read it.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, my goodness, Whitney, I just stopped by for the first time. I read your entire story and cannot believe all that you and your sweet husband and little man have been through. What a testimony you are to God's faithfulness! And, for the Lord to see fit to bless you with another child on the anniversary of such a bad memory is beyond amazing. I love it! Blessings abundant to you and your sweet family!