Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Adoption News

Sometimes the Lord does things that we aren't expecting or prepared for. Sometimes He is silent for a while and then speaks ever so softly to your heart. Many times I need a flashing sign to drop from heaven to get the message. Most often, I miss His voice. But always, always he knows me. He knows what I need. What I can handle. How long to be quiet before he really has my attention. That happened recently.

I fell in love with a five year old boy in Lesotho. His brown eyes and big smile got me. The way he said aussi whitney just made me love him more. He followed me wherever I went and he was sad when I left at the end of the day. I yearned for him to be my son. But I knew he couldn't be because he was 5 and Camden was only 2 at the time. But that didn't break my hope.

About a month ago I found out that that precious boy was matched to a family in Sweden. I was so happy for him but I found myself in a pit. I was sad because he wasn't my son. He belonged to someone else. And the Lord was very quiet.

And then one day He spoke.

Uganda.


"But God," I said, "Lesotho is where we are adopting from. We have touched the children in Lesotho. We have friendships in Lesotho. We know Lesotho." 

But again I heard Uganda. 

And then I saw someone post something about Uganda. And then someone at church wanted to tell me something about Uganda. And then Uganda was in a book that I was reading. 

Uganda. It was all around me. So I prayed for clarity. And I finally told Nathan what was going on in my heart. 

So we prayed. We prayed together and we prayed apart. We talked to our supporters. We talked to Jesus. We made a call to our agency and got some confirming answers about the Lesotho program. It was going to be a very long wait. 

But how could we switch? I thought. Lesotho started this all. If we switched we would be letting Lesotho down. And then I remembered- this is not about a country. It is about children. 

Our child. 

So friends, we are officially in the Uganda program for adoption. We truly believe our child is in Uganda. And we are praying that within 12-16 months they will be home with us. 

Lesotho still holds a huge part of our hearts. In Lesotho we learned that we love adoption. I learned that it is possible for me to love a child that isn't biologically mine. My parents learned that orphans have a place in this family. We love Lesotho. 

But our next child will come from Uganda. And because of that, we love Uganda too. 

Pray for us as we start out dossier. This is the last step before we can be matched with a child. Our child. 



0 comments: