Sunday, January 10, 2016

We had a baby!

So the last time I posted on the blog it was a post on our adoption. That was one year ago. Since then we have continued to wait on a match for our adoption in Uganda but we also got pregnant. I was just going to give up blogging (I figured I was too far gone and who really reads these anyways?!) but then I started to read posts from when the two bigs were little and I got all weepy. (Blame it on the hormones!) So I decided when he was born I would allow his entrance to break the blogging silence.

So I proudly present to you the most precious baby boy. Fisher is his name. As in Matthew 4:19 "And I will make you fishers of men."

You were born a day late and have been just as chill ever since. Your labor was hard but quick. Two and a half hours quick. And it hurt. I did it with no pain meds but begged for them the whole time.


You weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. and were our fattest baby to date. You were also our shortest at 19 inches long. You won your mama over with your red hair in the silliest mohawk ever. We still can't get it to lay down.





Since we have brought you home (I can't believe its already been a month) we have loved the stew out of you.

               


Fisher, Madelyn is absolutely crazy about you. I am shocked she hasn't rubbed the skin off of you. She talks to you in the most precious baby talk and claps your hands and kisses all over you. Fisher, you have given her so much purpose. She was in a hard season and then you came along. Between you and Jesus, she is a happy little girl.



Camden thinks you are pretty swell but he is ready for you to get bigger and be able to do things with him. My favorite thing he does is ask to hold you and then whispers to you "Its ok, Big Brother is here now." It send my mama heart into over drive. 


Sweet boy, you have already added so much to our family. We are all still adjusting to a new life here with us but you were always meant to be here. I am so glad God designed you to be a Russell. I think you are going to like it here. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am smiling and crying at the same time, Whitney! What a joy it is to see, to read, to share your story! Praying for you all now, with a full heart- Karen