Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Coming. It's Coming. It's Coming.

Marriage is getting closer and closer and the closer it gets the longer it is seeming to take. I think that this has to be the worst wait in all of life. Being so close to being with the one who will take me to the rest of my life but yet still being a little less than 6 months away. Its hard to wait. I want these 6 months to fly by but the one thing I don't want to fly by is living with the best. the moh. the aunt. the sister.

You see this year I have the amazing priviledge, scratch that, blessing, to live with Ash again. We lived together once before when we were sophomores at ICC but life happened and circumstances weren't right so that ended abruptly. I swore we would live together again. So God allowed that to happen and after last year I squelled all summer in anticipation for her to get her.

She was in California all summer serving the Lord with her time and her talent and I was here in Starkville wriggling for her to get back to the south and live with me again. So miles away from each other we counted down the days until she came back. And she did. And she moved in. And it has been amazing.

Can I just share with you why she means so much to me? Please do you day. Well alright. I'll go right ahead.

1. As I am typing this I am sitting right beside her on the couch. Last year this would have never happened. Its the little things that bring comfort to a day.
2. She is my Maid of Honor and not that its do or die but she has already started planning a lingerie shower for me. All though the wedding is still months away she has potential dates and guests all ready to go. Who does that? My best friend, thats who.
3. She prays for me. I think her prayers go to God faster than mine so I always put my requests in her ear so she can do what she does best.
4. Her boyfriend cooked us steaks last week. Thats my kind of pseudo-future-brother-in-law.
5. She goes running with me. And on that run we talk and encourage each other. I think there is rarely a think as bonding as exercising together. You are pushing through what you think you can't do as the best beside you is puching you to go harder.
6. I think we tell each other that we love each other at least 50 times a day. Now thats a best friend.

Ash, I am so thankful for you. Thank you for loving me for who I am. Thanks for cooking with me and just being best friends with me. You are precious. Heres to the nursing home. We shall be the envy. I love you.

1 comments:

ashmhendrix said...

oh aunt knee. i love you, i love you, i love you.

how UNBELIEVEABLY blessed are we that our awesome GOD would give us each other?!!

too blessed.

thanks for being my best friend. my sister. my encourager. my number one fan.
here's to the rest of our life. :)