Sunday, September 26, 2010

All Work And No Play...Makes Me a Slacker


This past week at school was Homecoming. I had the best time seeing everyone dressed up daily and being goofy but it wore me slap out. I was so tired that I couldn't even keep my promise to myself that I would blog everyday for one week. I was on a roll until one day...I got in trouble with the principal. I won't go into the whole story for confidentiality purposes but long story short- sharing the gospel in a classroom is a bad idea. I am still having a time getting over it. I don't ever want to be embarrassed for sharing who my Lord is, but Satan had his way in that battle and this little girl can't seem to get the tail untucked from in between my legs. My pride is bruised. 

And on top of that I am a sponsor of the sophomores in our school. I love them to death but its hard to enjoy homecoming hall decorations. We worked for a month 2 days a week getting stuff ready for the big reveal. And Thursday night was the big night. We had 3 hours to hang and assemble all the we had prepared. So we were off! 

This is the Freshmen hall. Their decorated their hall like London and it was cute! 
Notice the phone booth and double decker bus!


This was the Senior hall. Their hall was Beijing, China. And they rocked it out.

They even had bowls of fortune cookies! 


And this was my pride and joy. We had Brazil! So we made our hall into a rain forest.

Check out the massive tree. He was my brain child. I said He women as never as stubborn as it was to make. 


We had a village!

And vines galore. I may be biased but I think we should have won. 
**The Juniors decorated their hall also, but they did Hollywood and blacked out their hall so my iphone wouldn't take good pictures. 

Next in my bust weekend was a trip to God's favorite place, Starkville. 
It was so good to feel like a college student again. I think I told N that 1,000 times. 

Jason Mraz put on a free concert Friday night and I was not a fan. I love his music but he played only boring stuff. Boooo. 

All the boys. I was the only girl all weekend with 8 boys. I deserve an award for this. 

 Me and the hubs enjoying our first State game as a married couple. 

 I love being a Mrs. 

0 comments: