Sunday, March 20, 2011

Catch up

I feel like it has been ages since I have written and I will blame it all on the baby in my belly! The little one has been making me sicker than sick and has drained me of all my energy! Needless to say, I am counting down the days until I hit week 13. They say thats when relief comes! Here's to hoping!

On to the point...

This past week was spring break, N and I's one year wedding anniversary, and the definition of busy!

For our anniversary, N surprised me with a trip to music city, Nashville baby! We sped off for a night which was wonderful. Just to see different scenery and no one that we know is just what the doctor ordered! (We did meet up with a friend of ours, Chad-the Nashville native, who showed us around the city.) We drove all around and even found some homes of the stars! Martina McBride and Vince Gill...next time I am in town, I am calling one of you up to stay in your killer pads!

Next up was a day to to St. Louis. We got back from Nashville on Monday and on Wednesday we were off with N's youth for a day to the 'gateway to the west'. Once there we went to one of the coolest places I have seen in a long time. It was called the City Museum and it has an awesome story. It is a huge building made up of parts of old, abandoned buildings in St. Louis. Artist took all the parts and pieces and made them all into one huge jungle gym for kids and adults. Seriously. You can crawl in caves and spirals and whatnots galore. You have to go here to check it out.

Next we went to the arch. I have seen it before but this time we got to ride up to the top! I have to say that the ride was a tad scary but the top was beautiful!


After the arch, we made our way home-but not without a stop at Lambert's Cafe first! You know, where they throw the rolls! And the okra...don't get me started!

After our trip to St. Louis, I was wiped out. I decided that the piles of clothes, unswept floors, and dirty bathroom needed some TLC so I rested for a day and have spent the rest of my time tackling my heaping to-do list. Its so nice to have some things done around the homestead.

Lastly, there is another big announcement in our family! My brother is getting married!



He finally asked this little lady to be his bride and she said yes! We are smitten with her and the dynamic that she adds to our family. They are planning a little wedding for early October...just in time to get ready for baby's big arrival. Alison, we love you girl! Welcome to the family!

And that wraps it up here. I am so glad that spring is here! I am off to open my windows, clean another room and dream of my baby's face!

p.s. Is it normal to be dreaming that I am having twin boys? No? Drats...because that is a recurring nightly dream for me!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

So fun! Your family is just growing by the minute! Y'all have a lot to look forward too! Can't wait to read all about the baby goodness in the months to come. :)