Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas 2011

This Christmas was so much fun! The presence of Cam, even though he slept most of the time, just put a whole new perspective on things. I was consumed with thoughts and awe of the birth of Jesus. Only two months have passed since I gave birth to my own precious boy. I wondered what Mary was going through- having to do it pretty much alone. She knew she was carrying the Savior of the world. It was her job to protect Him. I just couldn’t shake my wonder. Not that I wanted to.

This Christmas I was totally in the spirit. Much different than last.

We started the celebration at my parents house. We spent a few nights there and on Christmas Eve morning we opened presents! It was such a wonderful time. I got a video camera, some clothes, and lots of fun little goodies. Nate got an iPhone, some books (such a nerd), some CDs, and little goodies as well. We were showered with way too much but we love it all!

My dad got lots of Papa J time in. And Camden loved all the attention.

DSC07987

DSC07996

DSC08002

On Christmas Eve morning, Camden and Daddy had some good cuddle time. Nate had been sick for a few days before and I wouldn’t let him come around Camden. So when he got well they made up for lots of missed snuggles.

DSC08029

Then it was time to open presents. Camden started off in his playmat.

DSC08048

But soon ended up in Nate’s lap.

DSC08055

I got to open all of Nathan’s presents for him so it felt like a double Christmas for me.

Camden also got a shirt to match his uncle!

DSC08071

We had such a great time.

photo (2)

Next we were off to the Russell household. I was getting very excited because we were inching closer to Camden’s first Christmas day.

On Christmas Eve night we opened one present and then snuggled in for a good nights sleep.

At about 7 in the morning, my sweet mother-in-law came upstairs, knocked on our door, and told us that Santa had come! It was time to open stockings. We took Cam to wake up Aunt Em and down the stairs we went.

And Santa was waiting for us.

Nate’s dad dressed as Santa and I think I peed my pajamas I laughed so hard.

DSC08078

After Santa put on real clothes we opened our stockings and took our annual pajama picture! Who would have thought that this year there would be three people in this photo.

DSC08082

Here are some pf my favorite pictures from our Russell Christmas.

DSC08084

DSC08097

DSC08123

DSC08128

The Russell nieces and nephews love their Auntie Em.

Dawn and Bradley came to share Christmas with us after church that morning. And once the cousins were together in their Christmas gear we knew it was a photo opportunity.

DSC08141

They are adorable.

DSC08152

Of course, once everyone was gathered the family picture Nazi that I am made everyone line up and we took the Russell family picture. Have I ever mentioned how important these are to me.

DSC08135

I love. love. love. these people.

Mammy also got some good snuggle time in with Camden.

DSC08156

 

DSC08164

Overall it was such a great Christmas. I am so thankful that Jesus was born to save me from the punishment of my sins. And I am so blessed that we got to share this Christmas with our sweet Camden.

DSC08104

0 comments: