Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why Do We Not Get It?

Father. Abba. Holy One. Sustainer. Hero. Alpha. Omega. Daddy.

Lord I come to You with tears beconing and a broken heart because we have missed the point.
Father, why do we stumble through life "trying" to reach the lost and live a "christian" life but we miss the point.

You have told us to "Go and make disciples" but we all too often tend to go and make other frustrated and ill with our cruel words and belittling pointing of fingers. Lord, I know that this is not what You want from Your Church. I am convicted because I have done the things that I am speaking of all too often and my heart is aching because I have my fair share of trashing Your name.

Lord, what is it going to take for us to understand what christianity really looks like? A simple slap on the wrist obviously doesn't help. Our convictions are pushed to the side and Your Word put on the shelf as decoration. Its like we don't even care. Lord. And we don't.

I am so burdened by this that I am sick. Father I can't imagine what You are thinking when You see us picking and choosing who we think You want to love. Who we want to love. Thats foolish and rediculous. And I am so sorry.

Help us Daddy. Help us see your heart and break my heart for what breaks yours. Even if I am the cause, show me Lord where I am wrong.

With all my heart and soul and mistakes and sins I come to you Lord.

Whitney

0 comments: