Saturday, April 25, 2009

Band-Aids

So Me and N have had to deal with some brand new, unexpected discussions that have been pushed aside for a while. I wasn't prepared for any of them and it almost let us down the road to ruin. It was rather scary if I can be completely honest. I mean, we had to have big girl, big boy discussions and adult decisions had to be made. We had to plan for each other and talk about some changes that needed to be made.

And we ultimately decided that if we don't start cherishing this relationship precious, undeserved gift that Jesus gave us then He is going to take it back. We don't want that to happen so we promised each other to take care of it more. I think that's a pretty good decision. You?

We went for a walk today and we were talking about the long, sad days spent apart longing to be closer to each other otherwise known as distance. I have come to despise that word. I knew he would be leaving in a matter of minutes and I was sad. I made the comment that us leaving each other is like a pulling off a band-aid. The longer and slower the leaving process takes (saying goodbye, sapping over other, etc.) the more the whole idea and process actually hurts. But the faster it gets done, the less time I have to think about how much it hurts.

We have learned that that's what has to be done. Give the heart one fast tug and it over. It still hurts but its not as bad. The sting doesn't linger.

That's my mind tonight. And instead of ripping the band-aids off my heart, I think I'll go and put some on it…just to make the boo-boo distance hurt a little less.

W.

0 comments: