Monday, December 20, 2010

Our First Christmas: Part Busy

This year's Christmas has been anything but Silent Nights and boughs of holly. Instead, it is more like holiday parties and frantic schedules. And it has lead me to be in a total bah humbug mood. Which stinks because I love love love Christmas. And my birthday. Which happens to fall on the 17th of this month. But I was too much of a grinch to enjoy it.

This just these past two weeks we have approximately:

Attended 5 Christmas gatherings
Eaten way too much food at those gatherings
Spent too much money on presents
Kissed under the miseltoe (Actually not, because my pup chewed it up)
Driven over 500 miles
Been late to 3 of those 5 parties
Loved on family
Prayed for our (future) babies
Cried over stress (everyday, more than 3 times a day)
Fell in and out of love with my job (still waiting to fall back in love with it)
Reconciled some things with a best friend
Wrapped those overly-priced presents
Had Christmas with my family
Attended a wedding
Etc. Etc. Etc.

It may not seem that bad but, people we all need to have a group prayer for N for putting up with me. I have been one crazy woman these days. I have been the grinch of all grinches and maybe even more on some days. I don't handle busy very well and, well-this has been too busy. Apparently, I am in such a tizzy that I can't write a coherent, creative post. Woe is me.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

girlfriend, I could have written this post myself (Well, the grinch part of it). I hate how my attitude kills so many good days! I'll say a little prayer for you tonight!