Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011...

So I have so many posts to write in the "Our First Christmas" series, but for right now I wanted to share with you this wonderful opportunity of scripture memorization, accountability, and spiritual growth. Over at Beth Moore's blog, she does a bi-monthly scripture memorization. I have never before participated in it, although I have sat passively by and watched her host this many times before. I have finally grown sick of my apathy and decided that I am going to kick my sorry self in the rear and do something to impress the Lord. After searching and not finding the verse I wanted to memorize, I asked the hubs (who just returned from a youth retreat with a 101 degree temp) his favorite verse and he gave me this one:

"For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is a gift from God-not by works so that one can boast. For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2: 8-10

This verse should be the basis of all things Christian. Faith, grace, gift, handiwork...I mean I could sop this up with a biscuit and eat it right up, y'all. Yeow. It makes me want to squeal with excitement and joy that my Savior chose me to receive this gift-that I am his handiwork. He made me exactly the way that he wanted me. I am perfect. To Him at least. And he is the only one that matters. Amen? Amen.

So I invite you to join in on this awesome opportunity. If we (I mean me) continue to make excuses to not memorize scripture then we will never have sword of the spirit that we are told about.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Love, love, love. I am so glad to see several of my favorite blog ladies doing this! I think we should plan to attend the celebration next January! Whatcha think?

Amber Marie said...

I agree with Nicole about going to the celebration! I just got back from Passion and listening to the precious lady speak! phew! I am pumped about SSMT!
My verse is Isaiah 26:8 (Passion theme verse for the 268 Generation-a.k.a Us)
"Yes, Lord, walking in your truth, we eagerly wait for you, for your name and renown are the desire of our hearts!"