Saturday, January 15, 2011

Craft Bug

I have always had a, ummmm, lets call it a fetish, with all things crafty. If its DIY then I am all about it. I love the satisfaction of seeing something and making it my own way with my own hands. I have even dreamed about opening my own boutique with all my hand-made stuff in it. Not that I am that good, but I enjoy it so why not let other people enjoy it too.

On that note, the craft bug has made a recent visit to my house and I am loving it. My creativity comes and goes with the tide and right now-red flag people! Its high tide in the Russell household.

Let me show you what I have been up to. And what I will be making very shortly.

As you know, I got a camera for Christmas. It was a little plain and needed a little Whitney-fying. So I whipped this right up...


Ok, so probably not whipped, but it wasn't that hard at all. I just used a pattern that I found on the internet and glued a freshly plucked made fabric rose and ta-da...my camera is now clearly a girl.

Next, I am on to making this...


I have some fabric that I am going to use and the zipper to boot, so as soon as I finish this post I am going to get started on it. Hopefully it will look similar to this when I finish. Minus the Gussy tag, because that would be plagiarism, cheating, not my name. But if you want a fabulous Gussy product, I am sure that she would love for you to support her very own crafty business. I am only a tad jealous that she gets to stay home and sew and play with her puppy and be darling all day. 


I am currently collecting things to make my very own Gallery Wall. The Nester is so inspiring when it comes to making you want to clean and declutter your home. I am so excited to create my very own wall like this. I will be sure to share it when I finish. 



I have never admitted this publicly before, but I have a slight weakness for wreaths. I love all things fluffy and beautiful on a door. Wreaths just set the mood for any guests that come a'knocking. So this is what will be on my door for Valentines. Adorable, right? And so versatile. This fluffy piece of goodness is screaming my name.  

And when I am finished with all of the above, I will make these darling darlings my spring project to brighten up my living room. I mean they seem easy, adorable, and soft. Not to mention cheap. And I am a guru for cheap. Amen. 


So this is what I will be working on these next few days. I hope to make a dent in my craft wish list on this three day weekend. And you know that I will share how everything turns out when it is finished. That is if I haven't cut, sewed, or glued myself to death! 

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Such cute ideas! I think you've motivated me to get back into being creative and crafty. :) Now I just need to make the time for it...

Gussy Sews said...

yay -- you're going to try the zippered pouch tutorial! you got this, girl! :]

Alison Mayes said...

Hey I stumbled on your blog. I am a youth minister's wife also. I have a sewing machine and really need to get it out and start using it more. I have been eyeing a camera strap on etsy and just haven't bought it. Maybe I can make it!