Wednesday, April 6, 2011

11 Weeks

I am 11 weeks! 


Pregnancy Highlights This Week: 
How far along: I am 11 weeks this week
Size of baby: Baby Russell is the size (length) of a fig. 
Total weight gain/loss: Still haven't gained anything back of the 8 pounds
 that morning sickness so graciously helped me lose. 
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing some maternity pants but other than that everything is the same.
Gender: Can't wait to find out! 
Movement: I feel gas bubbles all the time and wish it was actually baby. So no. Does gas count?
What I miss: I miss feeling normal. I feel sick daily. Not just nauseated but sick.
 I am starting to get headaches daily. 
Cravings: Nothing this week. My bank account says Praise the Lord!
Symptoms: I am still sick at my stomach all day everyday but Zofran is straight from God. 
Best Moment This Week: Me and N have started considering buying a house so 
we have a place of our own when Baby R comes. Exciting times!


I was debating on whether to share this on the blog or not, but my desire to capture every memory of this time won out, and I want to be able to look back and remember to praise Jesus for every moment of this miracle. 

Last Thursday I was at school and began bleeding. I don't think that I have ever seen so much blood in my life at one time and the fact that it was coming out of me send me to be certifiably crazy for a while. I ran to get some fellow teachers to help me and we rushed to the bathroom. I am not sure of all the details because all my time was spend in prayer begging and pleading with God not to let my baby die. Somehow, my husband was called and more support was gathered around me, and in about 30 minutes I was being greeted by a worried husband who was there to take me to the hospital. 

He tried his best to stay calm for me, but there was no denying that we were at the mercy of Someone Greater than us. I remember saying over and over, "I have a peace about this. I know everything is Okay. I have a peace." In the fear of the moment God showed up and brought calm to a raging storm. 

We made it to the hospital in record time and actually had a few laughs along the way. (I think we were just desperate not to cry more so we did what we do best: talk about stupid stuff.) 

Once there, they immediately got me into an ultrasound. This was the bittersweet part. The tech wouldn't let me look at the screen at first as a precaution in case that I had miscarried. Once she saw a heartbeat she turned the screen around and let us get a glimpse of our sweet baby. Soon, she whipped the screen back to her and said that she was just going to take a few more pictures. I wept more that I ever have on that table. The child inside me was not only alive but was thriving. 

After the ultrasound and an exam, our Dr. wanted to see us in his office. We felt like we were in trouble. We solemnly entered to hear the explanation of all the excitement. He diagnosed me with a subchorionic hemorrhage and gave me a 50/50 chance of miscarriage. It was like a dagger slowly entered my heart. I could lose my baby. A doctor said so. He gave us more answers and went into more detail but we left the office on a form of bed rest and strict orders to sit and not lift anything. 

I am happy to report that all bleeding has stopped and we will return to the office tomorrow for another ultrasound. I have prayed all day every day to see no hemorrhage and a beating heart on the screen. I don't think that I have ever been so anxious to go to the doctor. 

So if you are the praying kind, we would love for you to remember us and sweet baby growing inside me. We believe in miracles and are anxious to see one take place. 



4 comments:

Jessica said...

that is so scary!! Definitely praying for you, the hubs and your little bun in the over :)

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you shared this so I could be praying. Praying for peace for Momma and Daddy and a healthy heartbeat for that sweet baby.

Lauren said...

Oh, sweet Whitney! I will sure pray that baby Russell is healthy, happy, and blessed! God was surely watching over ya'll! :)

Shauna said...

Hey darling! I am continually praying for you, Baby Russell, and Nathan!! I know these are exciting times for y'all... that can sometimes be scary. Continue to trust in God! I love you girl!!