Sunday, April 1, 2012

5 Months



*Height and Weight*

I am guessing that this big boy is around 16.5 lbs and 27 inches long. He is wearing size 6-9 month clothes and a size 2 diaper. The child is skinny but is longer than the day is long. He is wearing size 6-12 month socks and shoes. I can see that this is going to be a problem when he is 16. Tall and lanky here we come. 




*Likes* 

This little boy likes to move. If he is on the floor he is rolling over. If he is in your arms he wants to be standing and bouncing. If he is in the stroller he is kicking. I am fearful for what it is going to be like when he starts crawling. He also likes his bottles. He knows what they are when we shake them and he whines and reaches until he gets it. Camden loves to be outside and to watch the dogs. I think he thinks they are weird looking humans or just something fun to chew on because he always reaches out to them. Speaking of chewing, this is another one of his favorite past times. He wants to chew on anything and everything that passes by his mouth. 



*Dislikes*

These days Cam doesn't like to be held all the time. I knew the day would come when he didn't want to be held every time I wanted to hold him, but I didn't know it would come so soon. My little newborn is becoming a little boy-finding out what he likes and doesn't like. He also doesn't like trying new food. Once he has it once or twice he gets used to it. But the first few times, no way Jose'.



*Special Talents* 
Getting anything his Papa J thinks he might want just by smiling. Seriously people, this child has his grandfather (my Daddy) wrapped around every finger, toe,  limb of his body. Its ridiculous. He is also getting very good at holding his own bottle. Sometimes I think that it is a cool trick, and other times I wish he would slow down just a little bit. It seems like he did this over night, but the little dude rolls over like a champ. I put him on his back in bed and when we wake up in the morning he is at the foot of his bed on his belly. Houdini I tell you! 




Camden, 

My oh my what a month we had. I can't wait to explain to you one day how big our God is and how faithful He is to His people. Little One, we were tested and tried this month, and God performed miracle after miracle for our family. You don't know it now but you were a part of a miracle baby. A real life, bible time, hallelujah miracle. You have healed from your accident splendidly and are a rip roaring 5 month old boy. You keep Daddy and I guessing what you are going to do next. You have this new giggle that melts me to pieces! And you look like your daddy more and more every day. I love that. I think your daddy is mighty handsome. My love, you have made your daddy and me the happiest two people on this earth. I am so blessed the Lord put you on loan to us! We treasure you so much. 

Love, 
Mommy

0 comments: