Tuesday, March 3, 2009

At A Loss For Words...

Today I had an aching to sit down and write something, just anything.

I don’t have that today. So instead I will write a little of what God has been whispering to my heart lately.

Now it may be a little too soon to write these kinds of things but I write them with a plea for prayers. Its so hard to feel God tapping on my heart but not know what He is going to make of these little whispers.

Lately I have gone through some rough spots in my education which got me to thinking…Do I want to teach in the schools all my life?

I know I always want to have my hand in special education but in what form? Where?

God has been laying it on my heart that there are special needs children ALL OVER the world. Not just here in this society in which they are entitled to a free and appropriate education where teachers are trained to cater to them and them specifically. There are kids with these same needs living in places where no one knows how to tend to their precious, but meticulous needs.
I want to go and teach parents and communities how to train these children. They are people too and they deserve the most out of life just like you and me.

So I am asking for prayers. I am begging God to reveal to me what he is going to do with my love for these kids and for Him. I know that in time He will reveal His plan and I will hear…

“See there Whitney. All that time that you were wondering, questioning, and doubting, I was working ever so tediously to smooth out all the details and provide you with the perfect plan. I am faithful my dear child. I will always follow through. Always”

Oh how I long to hear those words. My heart aches with excitement to see what He is going to do. Oh I can barely contain the wonder of all that is going to unfold.

Jesus. You are wonderful.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Girl, God had a plan and whatever you do with your life, you will succeed! I'm praying for you! :)

ashmhendrix said...

Do I want to teach in the schools all my life?

Aunt knee. I said the same statement just this week. Hmm. Who knows?? I think our BIG God might have something up His sleeve. You are wonderful. You know I'm praying for you always.

ps. I looove your whitknee picture!! :)
pss. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! YAY!