Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Nathan.

My love. You are 22 today. I have known you for the last 3 of those years and I must say that those have been the BEST 3 years of my life. Here are 22 things I love the most about you, us, and our time together.



1. You helped lead me to Christ. I can never repay you for sharing His love with me.

2. You have too many personalities to count. And I absoutly love every single one of them.

3. Here lately you have dropped the -ney off my name. I really can't remember the last time I heard you say whitNEY. But I love it. It just reminds me that we are that couple. The one who shortens names but is never short on the love.

4. You family warms my heart.

5. Remember that time we watched lightening together. Seeing the works of God. Sharing in them. WOW.

6. Talking about marriage is very frequent these days. I have waited for you all my life Prince Charming. Thanks for showing up.

7. Your red hair. I never thought I would date someone with red hair. Now I pray that my kids (our kids) will share that gene.

8. You have picked up playing golf. And that just makes me laugh.

9. When we first met we were getting out of relationships....it was so worth the breakups.

10. For our first Christmas together you suprised me with a carriage ride through downtown Memphis. You are still having trouble topping that.

11. I absoutly love doing ministry together. There is no other feeling like it in the world.

12. Water. Yea, you know what I'm talking about. Most of our sweetest moments have happened around water. Our first kiss was just one of the many.

13. You love my friends. And I love yours.

14. You can eat more than me. And that makes me very happy.

15. I love that on my worst days you tell me that I am beautiful.

16. I always thought that I would end up with a big, buff, manly man farmer kindof guy. I was wrong. And its the best wrong so far.

17. After our first "date" in Southaven, I came back into the house and my dad instantly looked at me and said, " Whitney, something is different about you now. I think this guy might be the one. You have never seemed so peaceful." Thank you for making me feel peaceful. I am whole.

18. You are so funny. After almost 3 years of dating you can always make me laugh. Even when I want to be mad.

19. Our fights our so petty. They are quite funny actually.

20. My momma loves you. She really loves you.

21. Your family calls me an aunt to "our" unborn neice even though its not official yet.

22. God, thank you for Nathan. Thank you for his commitment to me and to our relationship. I didn't know that love towards another person like this existed until I met him. Father, bless his ministry. Let him never feel like he can't find You in it. Help us to glorify You together. Let our relationship be pleasing unto You. And above all, Lord please help us to be your hands and feet working together in perfect harmony with Your plan. It is all worthless if You aren't in it. Thank you for putting this love in my heart. All glory to You.



I love you Nathan. Happy 22nd birthday. May there be many many more to come. Lets blow out candles together when we are 100 years old.

1 comments:

ashmhendrix said...

OH my STARS.
I am crying like a baby! I'm sooo emotional! (imagine that) ha!
I am also thankful for Nate, and you!
Oh how I praise God everytime I think about you. Seriously!
I can't wait for you two to get married. And I can't wait to be Aunt Ash. :) Thanks to you both for being another example in my life of what a Godly relationship looks like. Thanks for reminding me daily not to settle. Love you more everyday best!