Monday, March 30, 2009

What A Glorious God I Serve.

This past weekend was our annual Discipleship Now aka DNOW. And I will not even come close to capturing what all took place in this measley post. It was defiently the most powerful thing that I have ever experienced as a leader and as a chirstian period.

It started off with doubt. I absoutly had made up my mind that nothing was going to happen and that our kids, and girls especially, were going to come and go and nothing would be different.

But oh how I was wrong. And its the best wrong ever.

Ash, my BFF of choice and divine plan, was the older girls' leader. This excited me because not only was I going to be doing ministry but I was going to be doing it with my best friend. My sister in Chist. My support. My rock. The words honor and priviledge don't even come close to that experience.

Friday night Ash led the girls and I just got to sit back and listen to how a good leader leads. It was amazing. The rocks around their hearts started to chip away little by little. Little did I know that God was going to shatter all stoney covering away soon enough.

Saturday was a normal DNOW day. Missions, panic, and eating. Thats normal right?

But Saturday night...Thats when God decided to show His face. And it was beautiful.

Danny Hinton, a good friend of mine and Nate's was the speaker...or in this case the pipeline from Heaven to the kids because I could tell it was God speaking the whole time. He brought it. The band started it off and I could feel the Lord moving. Then Dan spoke and the kids could feel it. After the talk and invitation the kids went to small group. And this is where the chains of Satan were shattered.

I can't explain what all happened in that small group room due to privacy and I honestly think that the Holy Spirit has made my mind fail and my mouth speechless about it because it was all so sacred. To sum it up in a few words that will certainly fail to do the job....

Girls on knees bathing each other in prayer
Forgiveness between each other was asked
Boundaries were broken
Hearts became light and free from burden
Leaders stepped up
Humility- it took me to my knees
Tears cried
Smiles broke rock hard faces
GOD MOVED
So we wrapped up the 2 HOUR small group session with one last prayer and we left the room. Then my most favorite thing happened. I met eyes with the man I am in love with and he wrapped me in his arms and told me how proud he was of me. It was a hug like no other. It was a hug between a brother and sister in Christ in love with each other, in love with the Lord, doing minisry together. There is nothing in the world quite like it.
And that was my weekend. There are a few minor details (like engagements threats from the pulpit, looking at a first house together, new friendships made, and an amazing church service the next day) that I have left out but for now thats enough.
And forever God is enough. And He is good. And he is faithful.
AMEN.

1 comments:

ashmhendrix said...

I'm crying now. I'm so so thankful that God allowed me to be apart of this weekend. He blew me away, as usual. His goodness leaves me speechless. I'm so thankful that I have a best friend who loves the Lord, and loves me. I'm so thankful that we got to do ministry together this weekend. I pray that God let's us do it together the rest of our lives. :)
All the way to the nursing home baby!
I love you Whit, and I'm so thankful God has given you a Godly man like Nate to love you and take care of you. I know you know this, but your relationship with Nate is something I long to find one day. We will keep praying :)
Bests forever. I'm still praising God for you! All my love.