Monday, March 9, 2009

So Sick...

This weekend I have been one sick little girl. I thought that I had the flu...I mean I have high temp. bad body aches, cough, throwing up and so on and so on. I am not one to let a little sickness knock her down but I almost asked to go to the hospital.

So today I finally went to the doctor and all that they could tell me was that I had a "viral something" and they couldnt give me anything to take. And I had to wear one of those embarassing mask things around like I had some sort of contagious diesase. Oh I was mad. Then they had to take blood. Oh I was even madder.

After all that they gave the that stupid diagnosis. Or lack thereof.

But will all that the one thing they did say that I liked to hear was BED REST. That was one thing that I could take them up on! So with all the lounging around led to a whole lot of tv watching. Which brings me to the purpose of this post.

We have some whack tv shows on today. Like this new teen drama fest...



Am I the only one who thinks that this is rediculous. Now I haven't watched but one episode but what I did see was about a teenager who gets pregnant and can't decide what to do. Among her many decisions are... 1) Keep her baby 2) Give it up for adoption 3) Stay with her baby's daddy or 4) LET ANOTHER TEENAGE BOY RAISE HER CHILD!

Let me just say that I appauled at this. And moreso that young girls are watching this show like their lives depend on it. What happened to shows that built moral stamina and offered good clean laughs. It just breaks my heart that teenage girls go through so much already these days and we only have to offer then in the security of their own homes is more drama, and glorified drama at that. And they love it. They are brain washed. They think that these things, teenage pregnancies, rebound boyfriends, and outlandish parents are all normal.

Girls, don't believe these things. The world may not have anything greater than these things to offer you but Christ does. And the girls who will look up to you one day are depending on you to find out all that He can offer and share it with them. Hold your heads high little ones. Its a tough world but we serve a Mighty God. And the two of those don't even compare. Stay strong sweet things.


1 comments:

rachel said...

Aw, I'm sorry you're sick!! Feel better soon!