Sunday, July 5, 2009

Im Back...and Bigger and Better Than Ever!

Ok. So that may not be totally true but I am back and I have lots to fill you in on.



Where shall I begin?



First things first, wedding planning is going. And thats about all I can say. I have dreamed about my wedding all my life and now that its here and I get to plan every single small detail I dont want to do it anymore. Can I just elope? I am getting so frustrated at what people charge just because they can on things that you will only use once. I am getting to the point where I just want a small simple wedding where noone expects favors, or food, or fun. Nah Im totally just kidding. I am loving it. But it does take alot out of a girl. Especially when the Best is in a different state and wont be back for 27 more days. But whos counting?



Next on the list, Youth Stuff. Can I just say that I can not believe I am going to be in the minstry for the rest of my life. Half the time I am too excited to contain myself and the other times I am wondering what God is thinking. I just dont think that I am the right girl for this gig. But I keep reminding myself that the God who gave me this gig only wanted this girl in it. And for that I am thankful.



So this past week me and N took our 47 kiddos to StudentLife youth camp. It was my first year to go and I was blown away. We did mission camp and I got a taste of what the Best is doing everyday for her Lord. We loved on kids at low income appartments and trailor parks who hadn't bathed or eathen since Lord knows when. It was heart breaking. And then we saw the faces of children who were probably being beaten. The sadness in their hearts was unbearable. I dont know who the Lord handles the sadness.



Sunday night at camp was the best time that the youth has ever experienced as a whole. 2 of our youth accepted Christ and one was a long time coming. He had fought it longer than anyone could possibly fight the call of God and he surrendered his life to Christ. One of my girls also accapted Christ into her heart. It was beautiful. So me and N took the two of them into the hall and talked about what salvation meant. And then I heard sobbing. Loud and uncontrollable sobbing. It was N. The man of my dreams. Me and Mo finished praying and I took her back into worship. On the way in I glance at N and he is weeping for this boy. Talk about love for another.



Then it was family group time. As one youth group we went into a room and shared what God was doing. N couldn't hold himself together. I think I fell in love with him all over again. To see a man broken in front of his youth at the sight of the Lord saving souls is precious. Then there wasn't a dry eye in the room. Every kid and adult was in tears and they shared about struggles they had, praises they had and everything in between. I was in awe of the work of the Lord.

The rest of the week went like this...lots more tears, one more life given to the Lord, too many laughs to count and a trip down the Ocoee. It was a blast. We don't deserve the fun God allowed us to have.

We all had plans to come home and just live for the Lord. The kids were hyped up about what they learned and the experience they had. But Satan had other plans. The day before we came home several of the kids started saying that they didn't feel good. Well we just assumed that we were all tired and a little R & R would fix all their aches and pains. Well apparently it was a little more serious than just some muscle pains from taiming the Ocoee.

All their aches and pains were due to a contagious case of the Swine Flu. Thats right people. Our youth group is a victim of the pig. As of today we have 7 confirmed cases and counting. Some of our kids have strep and one has tonsilitis. I say its the enemy. He knows we were going to come back and do some amazing things so he is using illness to try to stop us. Well Satan you are going to have to find a different group. This is isn't going to back down.

So thats whats been going on. Its been a wild ride so far this summer and I have a feeling its only going to get better.

Until next time.

W.

3 comments:

rachel said...

Sounds like it went great!

ashmhendrix said...

So glad for the God stories of camp. So sad about the pig flu. :( Praying for healing.
Your best will be home in 23 days, but who's counting, right?

I LOVE YOU more than words!

Claire said...

Wow, camp sounds like it was amazing. Praise God for those kids! Hope all is well. <3