Wednesday, June 15, 2011

20 and 21 weeks

I am 21 Weeks (but I forgot to post 20 weeks so I am doing it now too!)

20 Weeks

I am in Gulf Shores right now, and in the hustle and bustle of getting ready for that and resting from my brother’s wedding and other preggo complications, I just didn’t post. So I am combining 20 and 21 weeks.

I went back to the doctor for my one week follow up to see if I really did have a UTI last Thursday, and that visit ended with me in the high risk pregnancy office freaking out. The doctor couldn’t figure out why I was having such pain so she sent me down to get a 2nd opinion. While I was scared out of my mind (this was the one appointment that N didn’t join me for) I was peaceful. The first thing that took place was an ultrasound. It was the biggest, baddest ultrasound that I have ever experienced, and I swear this thing lasted at least 30 minutes-I hate to see that bill!

Turns out that everything is just fine. The pains I am having are called round ligament pains and Doc. said that some women have them much worse than others. I immediately felt better just knowing that Baby was alright. I was given some tips and techniques to help deal with the pain (because he also said that they unfortunately don’t go away!) So I am taking it easy and enjoy myself these days.

SONY DSC

I forgot my chalkboard so this will have to do!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 21 weeks

Size of baby: Baby Russell is the length of a carrot and at the last ultrasound he weighed 14 oz!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have gained a total of 4 pounds according to the doctor on Thursday! I was given strict orders to eat up!

Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants and some large shirts.

Gender: It’s a baby Boy!

Movement: All the time. He is starting to get big enough that others can either feel him move or when he balls up in my belly they can feel his little body. But I feel him all the time.

What I miss: I miss having no body aches. I am starting to feel like I run a marathon in my sleep every night. I am so sore in the mornings.

Cravings: Food! If I see it, I want it. Forget that morning sickness stuff. I am on the up and up and by the way I am eating, so is my weight!

Symptoms: Still the giggles. I just can’t help myself-when something is just so funny I lose it. And then I pee on myself and then I laugh some more. Its an endless cycle. Also indigestion.

Best Moment this week: Being at the beach sharing this part of my pregnancy with long distance family.

21 Weeks sitting

Hello you wiggly little worm!

You have really enjoyed your first experience at the beach and I know that I have driven your grandmother crazy daily by asking her what it will be like next year when you are with us! We love talking about you. Also, your papa bought you a high chair and a bassinet the other day. He picked them out all by himself ! When he got home he was was dying to put them together to “do the cool dad thing,” but he had a sermon to write so we will be doing that when I get home. We can’t wait little man. We are only 19 weeks away from seeing your face sweet boy. Until then, we are getting everything ready! Stay snug and grow, grow, grow!

p.s. You love the beach! You move like a wild man when I get in the pool!

All tanned and sore but madly in love,

Mommy

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Whitney! I love your blog layout. You are just the cutest pregnant lady! The beach looks awesome! :)

Nicole said...

You're getting cuter and cuter!

rachel said...

cute, CUTE baby bump!! :)