Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our First Step To A Good Marriage.

So last night me and N had our first heart to heart as an engaged couple. We don't have many of those period because we really are just a happy couple. But when we do its because we have held in our feelings about something for too long and we both explode with emotions, frustration, hurtful words, and exhaustion.

Last nights topic: ministry.

This is a hard thing to talk about because we are both so passionate about it but also so stubborn. Ok so maybe its just me thats stubborn but whatever. We talked about how we have to be conscious about how we talk to each other. We have to encourage each other everyday. We have to love each other in the ministry.

These seem like they are so easy to do because thats what we do as christians, right? Well I have never been through something so difficult. Its hard to have my own idea about something and then keep my mouth shut because its his ministry and he can do it the way he wants. Its challenging when he wants to spend more time with his kids then with me. Its frustrating because we live an hour away and I never hear whats going on in the ministry of the church itself until after all the big things are decided, prayed for, or finalized.

So that being said, we are working on this marriage in the ministry thing. Its a hard calling people. Don't doubt it.

1 comments:

ashmhendrix said...

Hard, I believe it. I'm a ministers kid :) But I know without a doubt you are cut out for the job!

i love you best!