Sunday, May 29, 2011

18 weeks

I am 18 weeks this week!

18 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 18 weeks

Size of baby: Baby Russell is the size of sweet potato.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained…not sure how much but I can tell that the weight is starting to stay on.

Maternity Clothes: I love all maternity pants and bottoms. I am starting to chose maternity shirts too.

Gender: It’s a BOY!

Movement: Yes. Baby boy moves a lot at night when I wind down. Its precious.

What I miss: I miss being able to do certain things around my house like move furniture or lift boxes. I am a way too independent.

Cravings: FOOD. Any and all food will do.

Symptoms: I have seemed to lose control of my bladder when I sneeze or laugh hard. And so I laugh even harder if I pee on myself because I mean seriously, I am 23 and am peeing on myself.

Best Moment this week: I was shopping with my mom today and Baby kicked his foot out so hard that I could feel it with my hand. I had to try way too hard not to cry. I am smitten.

 

For a few side notes, I was actually 18 weeks on Tuesday but with school, I just have had no time for anything. But now summer is here. Amen and amen!

I can’t believe that I made it through my first year of teaching but I did and I will say that I think a dang good job. I am more excited about next year than I was about this year though. You see, next year I will be teaching about 9 severe/profound students, and its my dream come true. Not to mention that this next school year will also bring a son into my life. Wait-did I just say I was going to have a son. Woah! Lets let that sink in for a little bit.

 

OK, that’s better. So now that summer is here I am determined not to let the only thing I blog about be baby. Because N and I are off to many great adventures this summer-our last summer with just us two. Yikes!

Now onto my favorite part of my weekly posts, my letter to Little Russell.

Hello Love,

I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying carrying your tiny self inside me these days. I can tell you are getting big…so big that I can’t see my toes anymore. And you are starting to move. Big movements. I don’t just feel you flutter, honey you roll and kick and flip. And it makes my heart skip a beat. And today when I could feel your tiny foot kick from outside of my belly-I melted into a pile of worthlessness in that very moment. Also, I think you like it when your daddy talks to you. You move lots when he touches my belly or gets close enough for you to hear. You are going to love him. He is so funny! (I ask Jesus all the time if He can give you his humor!) Stay snug sweet one.

All my love,

Mommy

1 comments:

Nicole said...

I laughed out loud at your symptoms. Oh, Lord. There is so much to look forward to! Haha! And I want to hear more about your last "you two" summer! Make it a good one!