Sunday, May 1, 2011

14 Weeks

I am 14 weeks this week!

(And a little late at posting!)

14 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 14 weeks this week!

Size of baby: Baby R is the size of a lemon!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: No change in the weight yet! I am starting to feel skinnier (waist wise) then when I started this whole thing!

Maternity Clothes: I wear almost all maternity pants but dresses/skirts and shirts are the same. Just tighter.

Gender: Can’t wait to find out. Mother’s intuition is really telling me its going to be a BOY!

Movement: yes! Yes! YES! The baby has moved several times that I know of. Some skeptics out there would say it was gas but, c’mon, I know gas! This was like someone dropped me off an elevator and my stomach flipped! The baby also had hiccups one day. Such a funny feeling.

What I miss: I miss feeling like myself. This pregnancy is taking a lot out of me.

Cravings: Fruit. Fruit. Fruit.

Symptoms: This weekend I felt like I had the flu all weekend. I have been achy, sore, had headaches, had chills, and been stopped up with a sore throat. My brother who happens to be a nurse says that this is normal. Oh joy!

Best Moment this week: Feeling the baby move…and I have started nesting. I have always liked a clean house but people, this nesting is crazy! I clean the moment something is messy and I have maintained it. I know Mr. Mister is really loving it!

 

Dear Baby Russell,

This week I fell more in love with you than I thought possible. When I felt you moving and kicking inside of me, I was smitten. To see you move on an ultrasound is one thing-but to feel it, oh my. I told your Daddy that you moved and he is jealous that he can’t feel it too, but is insisting that you are going to be an athlete who is practicing your kicking skills on my insides! Little baby we have a long way to go…26 weeks to be exact, but you just stay put and keep cooking. We are praying for you every second of the day and are so blessed to be on this new journey with you.

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

ashmhendrix said...

Hooray for movement!! :)

Lauren said...

This is so sweet! :)