Tuesday, May 31, 2011

one reason I love him

Yesterday, me and the Mister went to eat lunch at Newks. After debating over the menu for a minute, I decided on the chicken salad sandwich and he was going to have the pimento cheese. I had no clue that my husband liked pimento cheese. He has never mentioned wanting a pimento cheese sandwich before, so I bugged him up until the waiter brought us our food. And that’s when it happened. I realized that I love this boy because only he can make me laugh like he does.

Our conversation went a little like this:

*He said this while taking the tomato off-the boy has a crazy hate for tomatoes.

N: If they would just chop up the tomato like everyone else does in pimento cheese, then I would eat it.

Me: You mean, like dice them up? You would eat them if they were diced?

N: Yea. I like them in every other pimento cheese sandwich that I have ever eaten.

Me: They don’t put diced tomatoes in pimento cheese.

N: Well then what are those little red things?

Me: Pimentos!

N: What’s a pimento?

Me: The little red thing that goes on the inside of a green olive.

N: Oh! Don’t you dare tell anyone about this! Pinky swear!

Me: Oh I won’t. Don’t you worry!

I have never loved my pimento cheese lovin’, tomato hatin’, cooking smarts lackin’ man more!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Haha! Oh, this is so perfect. I would share a similar "You really just said that?" moment I had with Tyler, but he would totally kill me. Haha!

Amber Marie said...

ha ha ha! I love that you put this on your blog..I can just see you smirking as you told him you wouldn't tell. he he